Wooden Carports

wooden carport
wooden carports
My carport search keeps giving me the same results...all metal. I've even googled good looking carports and the results were all the same ugly industrial carports. I went to google images to see if I could find pictures of attractive wooden carports and then work backwards towards a kit or plans or manufacturer. I had a wee bit of luck and I'm going to save the most attractive pictures to my blog.

This first picture of a wooden carport is exactly the theme I am looking for in a carport. It has character. It looks substantial and aged. It generally looks multiple times better than the metal carports I have been finding. I love the portico on top or is it called a cupola? And the fact that it is a double carport is a bonus.

I found another picture of a carport under construction that seems to have the character I am seeking. It is made with 8" by 8" wooden supports and has very nice details around the top. What I also like about this wooden carport is that seem very integral to the home. Most of the other carports looked like an after thought to the house, This wooden carport blends very nicely into the integrity of the home. See for yourself.

I have found that wood carports tend to be a bit more expensive than other types of carports such as aluminum or metal. This is primarily due to the high cost of lumber. A bit of this cost can be avoided with the use of wood like siding on the back. In my opinion, the increased cost over the lifespan if the carport is well worth it. The increased cost of materials divided over 10 or 10 years is not very much at all. Furthermore, this is one carport that will increase the re-sale value of your home. Carports made from wood or in other words wooden carports are the best looking carport on the market.